1. The Company adopted and retrospectively applied new guidance that changed the types and amount of costs that may be deferred. This had a de minimis effect on net income, operating income and income per share for third quarter 2011.
2. Income (loss) per diluted share is calculated by dividing income (loss) by diluted shares outstanding, which excludes the effects of securities that would be antidilutive.
New Business Production
Table 2: Present Value of New Business Production (“PVP”) (1) and Gross Par Written
(amounts in millions)
|Quarter Ended September 30,|
|Public finance U.S. - Direct||$||30||$||40|
|Structured finance - U.S.||5||11|
|Public finance U.S. - Direct||$||3,007||$||4,342|
|Structured finance - U.S.||182||266|
|Gross par written||$||3,189||$||4,608|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts