MONTREAL, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - CN (TSX: CNR) (NYSE: CNI) today announced a public two-tranche debt offering of US$500 million, comprised of US$250 million 2.25% Notes due 2022, and US$250 million 3.50% Notes due 2042. CN expects to close the offering on Nov. 20, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions.
CN plans to use the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, including the redemption and refinancing of outstanding indebtedness.
The debt offering is being made in the United States under an effective shelf registration statement CN filed on Nov. 4, 2011. The joint book-running managers of the debt offering are Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, RBC Capital Markets, LLC and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC. The co-managers of the debt offering are J.P. Morgan, BNP PARIBAS, BMO Capital Markets, Citigroup, Scotiabank, TD Securities, US Bancorp.
A copy of the prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus for the offering may be obtained by contacting Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, 222 Broadway, 11 th Floor, New York, New York 10038, Attention: Prospectus Department, toll free: (800) 294-1322, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; RBC Capital Markets, LLC, Three World Financial Center, 200 Vesey Street, New York, New York 10281, Attention: Debt Capital Markets, toll free: (866) 375-6829, email: email@example.com; or Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, 1525 West W.T. Harris Blvd., NC0675, Charlotte, North Carolina 28262, Attention: Client Support, toll free: (800) 326-5897, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any securities, nor will there be any sale of these securities, in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV