Solar Capital Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLRC) (the “Company”) announced today that it has priced an underwritten public offering of $100 million in aggregate principal amount of 6.75% senior unsecured notes due 2042. The notes will mature on November 15, 2042 and may be redeemed in whole or in part at any time or from time to time at the Company’s option on or after November 15, 2017. The notes will bear interest at a rate of 6.75% per year payable quarterly on February 15, May 15, August 15, and November 15 of each year, with the first interest payment due on February 15, 2013.
Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. and RBC Capital Markets, LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for this offering.
The offering is expected to close on November 16, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. The Company intends to apply to list the notes on The New York Stock Exchange and if the application is approved, expects trading in the notes on The New York Stock Exchange to begin within 30 days from the original issue date.
The Company expects to use the net proceeds of this offering to temporarily reduce then-outstanding obligations under its revolving credit facilities.The preliminary prospectus supplement, the accompanying prospectus and this press release do not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities in this offering or any other securities nor will there be any sale of these securities or any other securities referred to in the preliminary prospectus supplement, the accompanying prospectus and this press release in any state or jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of such state or jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV