Span-America Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPAN) announced today that the Board of Directors declared a special cash dividend of $1.00 per share. The Board of Directors also declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 12.5 cents ($0.125) per share. The special dividend and regular quarterly dividend are payable December 4, 2012, to shareholders of record on November 21, 2012. This will be our 92 nd consecutive quarterly dividend and our fourth special cash dividend payment.
“The special cash dividend of $1.00 per share highlights Span-America’s strong financial position, our continued growth in earnings and excellent cash flow from operations during fiscal 2012,” stated Jim Ferguson, president and chief executive officer of Span-America. “Our regular quarterly dividend payment also represents a 13.6% increase in the cash dividend compared with the same quarter last year and marks the 92 nd consecutive quarter of paying cash dividends. Our Board of Directors remains committed to building long-term shareholder value by returning a portion of the company’s earnings to shareholders through our cash dividend program.”
About Span-America Medical Systems, Inc.
Span-America manufactures and markets a comprehensive selection of
pressure management products for the medical market, including
Geo-Matt®, PressureGuard®, Geo-Mattress®, Custom Care®, Span+Aids®,
Isch-Dish®, Risk Manager® and Selan® products. We also supply custom
foam and packaging products to the consumer and industrial markets.
Through our wholly-owned subsidiary Span Medical Products Canada Inc.,
we manufacture and market the M.C. Healthcare Products brands of Maxxum,
Advantage and Rexx bed frames as well as related case goods, tables and
seating products for the long-term care market. Span-America’s stock
is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol “SPAN.” For more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV