- KBR Building Group, headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., is a diversified construction services company serving industrial, commercial, healthcare and institutional clients in the Southeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southwest regions of the United States. Known for its outstanding safety record, KBR Building Group is the exclusive commercial construction arm of parent company, KBR.
- KBR Building Group’s regional office in Vienna, Va. is leading construction for The Acadia. KBR Building Group has solid experience in building high-rise residential and mixed-use facilities throughout Metropolitan Washington and the surrounding region. KBR Building Group is one of only 33 firms nationwide, to date, to earn the designation, Certified Green Contractor, from the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC). KBR Building Group was named the No. 1 Overall Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal in 2011 (Large Business/Non-local headquarters category). Regionally, the company has been recognized as Southeast Contractor of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR).
- Headquartered in McLean, Va., Kettler is also among the top multi-family developers in the nation. The company has developed more than 15,400 apartments and condominiums, five million square feet of commercial space, more than 46,000 homes in 25 master-planned communities and many of the region’s premier mixed-use communities. Kettler Management manages more than 19,000 apartments in nearly 90 communities from New Jersey to North Carolina for Kettler and third-party clients.
- The architect of record is Dorsky Yue International (DYI).
- More about The Acadia:
- The first floor features a fitness center with private studio for personal training, mailroom, clubhouse, business center with café, and private conference room for residents.
- The two-tier building provides a swim-deck on the seventh floor featuring an infinity-edge pool with saltwater system, barbeque area, club kitchen, shower rooms and massage room. The 19th floor offers a penthouse clubroom with an open demonstration kitchen to accommodate large groups, as well as an outdoor barbeque area, seating and views of Arlington and the D.C. skyline.
- The three below-grade parking levels include a pet grooming room, bike storage and bike workrooms where residents can fix their bikes.
- The Acadia’s dog-friendly park is connected to the adjacent The Millennium and The Gramercy, creating a fluid connection for all of Metropolitan Park buildings. Public art pieces will also be featured in the parks in an effort to support the artists.
- Building materials consist of a granite and limestone skin and incorporates an enhanced acoustical package for the whole building.
- The first floor consists of 16,350-square-foot retail.
KBR Building Group To Construct The Acadia, Mixed-Use High-Rise Residential Project, In Arlington, Va.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.