JPMorgan Announces Buybacks
In its third-quarter 10-Q filing, JPMorgan Chase (JPM) on Thursday announced that on November 5, the Federal Reserve approved the company's revised capital plan, allowing the company to repurchase up to $3 billion in common shares during the first quarter of 2012.
Following the Fed's last round of annual bank stress tests in March, the regulator approved JPMorgan's plan to repurchase up to $12 billion in shares during 2012, followed by $3 billion in buybacks during 2013. After JPMorgan CEO James Dimon first announced in May that the company was looking at a large second-quarter hedge trading loss, the repurchase program was suspended, after the company bought back roughly $1.6 billion in common shares.
JPMorgan's stock was down slightly to close at $40.40. The shares have now returned 25% year-to-date, following a 20% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 1.1 times tangible book value, according to Thomson Reuters Bank Insight, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $5.32, among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.Based on a quarterly payout of 30 cents, JPMorgan's shares have a dividend yield of 2.97%. JPM data by YCharts
Interested in more on JPMorgan Chase? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV