BALTIMORE, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Petroleum & Resources Corporation (NYSE:PEO) declared today a year-end distribution of $1.30 per share. With this distribution, total distributions by the Fund for 2012 will be $1.60, including distributions made prior to today's announcement of $0.30 per share. The annual distribution rate represented by these distributions is 6.4%.
The year-end distribution consists of the following:
1) $1.12 per share from net capital gains realized during 2012, comprised all of long-term capital gain; and 2) $0.18 per share from 2012 net investment income.
This marks the 61 st consecutive year that the Fund has paid out capital gains and the 78 th consecutive year it has paid out dividends to its shareholders.Commenting on the year-end distribution, Douglas G. Ober, Chairman and CEO of Petroleum & Resources, said: "This amount is consistent with the commitment we made to our shareholders in September that we will distribute each year an amount equal to at least 6% of the Fund's trailing 12-month average month-end market price. Our commitment reflects our long history of providing attractive distributions of dividend income and capital gains. We will continue to manage the portfolio for solid long-term returns while providing an annual distribution rate of at least 6% regardless of market conditions." The payable date for the distribution is December 27, 2012, the record date is November 19, 2012, and the ex-dividend date is November 15, 2012. Both payments are payable in stock or cash at the option of each stockholder. Please see the information posted at our website, www.peteres.com, for more details concerning the 6% minimum annual distribution rate commitment and how the annual distribution rate is calculated. Petroleum & Resources is a Baltimore-based closed-end investment company. For further information, contact: Lawrence L. Hooper, Jr., Vice President, General Counsel and Secretaryat (410) 752-5900 or (800) 638-2479.e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org: www.peteres.com SOURCE Petroleum & Resources Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV