(2) Third party revenue is related to sales for which the company acts as a marketing agent for the merchant. This revenue is recorded on a net basis. Direct revenue is related to the sale of products for which the Company is the merchant of record. These revenues are accounted for on a gross basis, with the cost of inventory included in cost of revenue.(3) The third quarter 2012 marked the first time the Company disclosed direct cost of revenue which reflects the allocation of all variable costs related to the Direct business. As a result, third party and other cost of revenue and direct cost of revenue are presented separately.
Groupon Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts