(2) Third party revenue is related to sales for which the company acts as a marketing agent for the merchant. This revenue is recorded on a net basis. Direct revenue is related to the sale of products for which the Company is the merchant of record. These revenues are accounted for on a gross basis, with the cost of inventory included in cost of revenue.
(3) The third quarter 2012 marked the first time the Company disclosed direct cost of revenue which reflects the allocation of all variable costs related to the Direct business. As a result, third party and other cost of revenue and direct cost of revenue are presented separately.
(4) Represents change in financial measures that would have resulted had average exchange rates in the reported period been the same as those in effect in the prior year period.
(5) The weighted-average diluted shares outstanding is calculated using the weighted-average number of common shares and, if dilutive, potential common shares outstanding during the period. Potential common shares consist of the incremental common shares issuable upon the exercise of stock options and vesting of restricted stock units and restricted shares, as calculated using the treasury stock method.(6) Year-over-year growth is unavailable for select international growth measures as Groupon did not commence international operations until the second quarter of 2010. (7) Free cash flow is a non-GAAP financial measure. The Company reconciles this measure to the most comparable U.S. GAAP measure, ‘‘Net cash provided by operating activities,” for the periods presented. (8) Reflects the total number of unique accounts who have purchased Groupons during the trailing twelve months. (9) Reflects the total gross billings generated in the trailing twelve months per average active customer over that period. (10) Includes inside and outside merchant sales representatives, as well as sales support.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts