Third quarter 2012 net loss attributable to common stockholders improved by $51.3 million year-over-year, to $3.0 million, or $0.00 per share, reflecting stock-based compensation and acquisition-related expenses of $25.1 million and a diluted share count of 653.2 million. Net loss attributable to common stockholders was $54.2 million, or a loss per share of $0.18 in the third quarter 2011, including net positive stock-based compensation and acquisition-related expenses of $1.5 million.
|Summary Consolidated and Segment Results|
|(dollars in thousands, except share and per share data)|
|Three Months Ended||Y/Y % Growth||Nine Months Ended||Y/Y % Growth|
|September 30,||Y/Y %||excluding||September 30,||Y/Y %||excluding|
|2011||2012||Growth||FX (1)||2011||2012||Growth||FX (1)|
|Operating (loss) income||$||(239||)||$||25,438||N/A||N/A||$||(218,414||)||$||111,562||N/A||N/A|
|Net (loss) income attributable to common stockholders||$||(54,229||)||$||(2,979||)||94.5||%||87.1||%||$||(308,115||)||$||13,712||N/A||N/A|
|Net (loss) earnings per share|
|Weighted average basic shares outstanding||307,605,060||653,223,610||305,288,502||648,021,943|
|Weighted average diluted shares outstanding||307,605,060||653,223,610||305,288,502||663,557,250|
(1) Represents change in financial measures that would have resulted had average exchange rates in the reported period been the same as those in effect in the three and nine months ended September 30, 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV