Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic and analog semiconductor markets, today reported its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Revenue was $166.6 million, an increase of 4.6 percent from the $159.2 million in the second quarter 2012, and an increase of 3.7 percent from the $160.6 million in the third quarter 2011;
- Gross profit was $43.6 million, compared to $41.0 million in the second quarter 2012 and $45.2 million in the third quarter 2011;
- Gross profit margin was 26.2 percent, compared to 25.8 percent in the second quarter 2012, and 28.1 percent in the third quarter 2011;
- GAAP net income was $8.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to second quarter 2012 of $6.7 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, and third quarter 2011 of $10.0 million, or $0.21 per diluted share;
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income was $9.5 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, compared to second quarter 2012 of $6.4 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, and third quarter 2011 of $12.1 million, or $0.26 per diluted share;
- Excluding $2.3 million of share-based compensation expense, both GAAP and non-GAAP adjusted net income would have increased by $0.05 per diluted share; and
- Achieved $17.6 million cash flow from operations, break-even net cash flow, and a negative ($1.0) million of free cash flow due mainly to $18.6 million in capital expenditures, which included approximately $3.0 million of capital expenditures associated with the Chengdu assembly test facility construction.
Commenting on the results, Dr. Keh-Shew Lu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Diodes Incorporated, stated, “Despite the slowdown in the general market, we were able to achieve five percent sequential growth and meet our expectations due to past design wins and new product initiatives that drove further market share gains. This quarter represents our third consecutive quarter of growth as we continued to increase sales for our products used in smartphones and tablets, while also benefiting from a rebound in LED TVs and a strong quarter in automotive.