Diodes Incorporated (Nasdaq: DIOD), a leading global manufacturer and supplier of high-quality application specific standard products within the broad discrete, logic and analog semiconductor markets, today reported its financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights
- Revenue was $166.6 million, an increase of 4.6 percent from the $159.2 million in the second quarter 2012, and an increase of 3.7 percent from the $160.6 million in the third quarter 2011;
- Gross profit was $43.6 million, compared to $41.0 million in the second quarter 2012 and $45.2 million in the third quarter 2011;
- Gross profit margin was 26.2 percent, compared to 25.8 percent in the second quarter 2012, and 28.1 percent in the third quarter 2011;
- GAAP net income was $8.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, compared to second quarter 2012 of $6.7 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, and third quarter 2011 of $10.0 million, or $0.21 per diluted share;
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income was $9.5 million, or $0.20 per diluted share, compared to second quarter 2012 of $6.4 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, and third quarter 2011 of $12.1 million, or $0.26 per diluted share;
- Excluding $2.3 million of share-based compensation expense, both GAAP and non-GAAP adjusted net income would have increased by $0.05 per diluted share; and
- Achieved $17.6 million cash flow from operations, break-even net cash flow, and a negative ($1.0) million of free cash flow due mainly to $18.6 million in capital expenditures, which included approximately $3.0 million of capital expenditures associated with the Chengdu assembly test facility construction.
Commenting on the results, Dr. Keh-Shew Lu, President and Chief Executive Officer of Diodes Incorporated, stated, “Despite the slowdown in the general market, we were able to achieve five percent sequential growth and meet our expectations due to past design wins and new product initiatives that drove further market share gains. This quarter represents our third consecutive quarter of growth as we continued to increase sales for our products used in smartphones and tablets, while also benefiting from a rebound in LED TVs and a strong quarter in automotive.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV