Net loss for the third quarter of 2012 was $5.9 million, compared to net loss of $4.1 million for the same period in 2011. Net loss for the first nine months of 2011 was $8.7 million, compared to a net loss of $20.0 million for the same period in 2011.
Comprehensive loss for the third quarter of 2012 was $6.1 million, compared to comprehensive loss of $6.1 million for the same period in 2011. Comprehensive loss for the first nine months of 2012 was $10.4 million, compared to comprehensive loss of $18.7 million for the same period in 2011.Cash, Cash Equivalents, Restricted Cash and Marketable Securities At September 30, 2012, cash, cash equivalents, restricted cash and investments were $82.1 million, compared to $93.4 million at December 31, 2011. At September 30, 2012, notes payable were $61.2 million, compared to $59.6 million at December 31, 2011. These include current notes payable of $20.3 million at September 30, 2012, compared to $20.4 million at December 31, 2011. Conversion of Class B common stock On August 30, 2012, Sucampo announced that its majority shareholder and only holder of its class B common stock, S&R Technology Holdings, LLC, or S&R, had converted all of its 26,191,050 issued and outstanding shares of Sucampo’s class B common stock into shares of Sucampo’s class A common stock. S&R held all of Sucampo’s class B common stock. Class B common stock holders were entitled to ten votes per share while class A common stock holders were entitled to one vote per share. Sucampo’s articles of incorporation permit the holder of class B common stock to convert the shares of class B common stock into shares of class A common stock at any time and on a one-for-one basis. As a result of the conversion, there is now only a single class of Sucampo’s common stock outstanding, totaling 41,905,364 shares, each of which is entitled to one vote per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV