Caribou Coffee Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:CBOU), the second largest company-owned premium coffeehouse operator in the United States based on the number of coffeehouses, today reported financial results for the third quarter of 2012 (thirteen weeks ended September 30, 2012). The Company also provided a preliminary view of fiscal 2013.
HIGHLIGHTS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER OF 2012 INCLUDE:
- Comparable coffeehouse store sales increased 3.5%
- Net income attributable to Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. was $1.7 million, or $0.08 per diluted share compared to $1.8 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP pro forma net income attributable to Caribou Coffee Company, Inc. in the third quarter of 2011 was $1.6 million, or $0.07 per diluted share. (see non-GAAP reconciliation at the end of this release).
Speaking on behalf of the Company, Michael Tattersfield, the Company’s President and Chief Executive Officer commented, “Our third quarter performance was in-line with our expectations. We leveraged on-going product innovation and an unyielding focus on customer service to grow comparable coffeehouse sales of 3.5% in the quarter. We also opened 20 new coffeehouses in the quarter, six of which were company owned. We continue to focus on our multi-channel premium coffee business model to build the Caribou brand, and are confident in our ability to drive future growth across all of our lines of business.”
Tattersfield continued, “Subsequent to our fiscal third quarter, Hurricane Sandy caused damage to a portion of our green coffee inventory that is being stored in a third-party warehouse in New Jersey. We are currently assessing the extent of the damage, including the reclamation and usability potential of the product, as well as possible avenues for recovery. While this situation is rather unfortunate, we estimate our maximum liability will not exceed $5 million, and thankfully, our coffeehouse operations were not materially impacted by the storm.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts