NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV), the leading provider of eGovernment services, today announced net income of $6.0 million, and earnings per share of 9 cents, on total revenues of $53.2 million for the three months ended September 30, 2012. Operating income was $10.5 million for the current quarter as compared to $11.0 million in the prior year quarter. In the third quarter of 2011, the company reported net income of $6.8 million, and earnings per share of 11 cents, on total revenues of $46.7 million.
On November 5, 2012, NIC’s Board of Directors declared a special cash dividend of $0.25 per share, payable on December 5, 2012, to stockholders of record on November 23, 2012. The dividend payout will total approximately $16.3 million based on the current number of shares outstanding.
“NIC’s financial success has allowed us to return more than $133 million to stockholders in the form of special cash dividends since 2007, and we are pleased to be able to do so again,” said Harry Herington, NIC Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board. “As with many other companies, we believe now is the time to pay a special cash dividend given the uncertainty of future dividend tax rates.”
Quarterly portal revenues grew 14 percent over the prior year quarter to a record $50.2 million, with same-state portal revenues increasing 8 percent in the current quarter. Same-state, transaction-based revenues from non-driver record (non-DMV) services rose 21 percent over third quarter 2011 driven in part by the September launch of the motor vehicle inspection service included in the DPS Direct suite of services for the Texas Department of Public Safety, and increased adoption of the New Jersey temporary automobile tag service. Same-state DMV revenues declined 3 percent for the quarter, while same-state time & materials revenues relating to portal software development decreased 12 percent from the prior year quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV