Three Tips To Plan Your Family Holiday Fun In Philly
PHILADELPHIA, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hosting the family this holiday season and not sure what to do with them? Follow these three tips for no-hassle, stress-free planning:
1. Go Online: Did you know that American Spirits: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition is on view at the National Constitution Center through the holiday season and beyond? Trying to figure out what time the Christmas Light Show runs at Macy's? Want to make a hotel reservation? Let the experts from the Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) show you the way on these sites:
- visitphilly.com: Here's where you'll find the scoop on where to go and what to do any time of the year. Plus, the hotel-booking widget will help you find just the right place to put your relatives for the week or weekend.
- visitphilly.com/holidays and visitphilly.com/newyears: This go-to guide for all-things holiday in Philadelphia features information about light displays, family-friendly fun, top shopping experiences, New Year's Eve/Day happenings and more.
- uwishunu.com: GPTMC's in-the-know blog lets you know what's happening and worth experiencing today, tomorrow and this weekend.
2. Get Advice In Person: If you prefer to get planning advice from a real, live person, then head to one of the Independence Visitor Center's five locations—the main one's located at 6 th and Market Streets. Here, trained concierges will help you plan your day, selling you attraction tickets, giving you the scoop on available tours, making restaurant reservations and providing you with maps and brochures. While at the main location, you can also purchase souvenirs and grab a light bite. independencevisitorcenter.com3. Tour The Town: Touring the town does not have to be an overwhelming task thanks to several tour companies that literally take you all over the city. Philadelphia Trolley Works and Big Bus Company both offer tickets good for 24 or 48 hours, and both give tour takers hop-on/hop-off privileges at more than 20 key sites around town. Tickets are available at the IVC. phillytour.com (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121108/PH09422 ) The Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) makes Philadelphia and The Countryside ® a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases business and promotes the region's vitality. For more information about travel to Philadelphia, visit visitphilly.com or uwishunu.com, where you can build itineraries; search event calendars; see photos and videos; view interactive maps; sign up for newsletters; listen to HearPhilly, an online radio station about what to see and do in the region; book hotel reservations and more. Or, call the Independence Visitor Center, located in Historic Philadelphia, at (800) 537-7676. Tweet It: Three tips to get your family off your couch and into @VisitPhilly this holiday season: http://vstphl.ly/VIgAiN
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV