Today's "Google Doodle" celebrates Bram Stoker, most famous for his book Dracula, written in 1897, which continues to inspire writers and film-makers. Dracula has been made into several different movies, including a movie by the same name, Nosferatu, Van Helsing and others. It's been estimated that some 217 movies were inspired by Stoker's Dracula, a tale of a vampire seeking to escape Transylvania to go to England, and the subsequent battles that take place.
Clicking on the doodle leads to some of Stoker's works, including Dracula, Dracula's Guest, Lair of the White Worm, and others. Stoker died in 1912 at the age of 64.
Google is known for doing different doodles to mark important events. During the Olympics, Google did a series of Olympic-inspired doodles, with interactive games including track & field, slalom canoeing, and others.Google has also been know to celebrate important birthdays, aside from Stoker's. Google celebrated Alan Turing, the man known as the "father of computer science" with a doodle earlier this year. Interested in more on Google? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV