UBM Electronics To Unveil The Results Of The First Global "Mind Of The Engineer" Study On November 14 At Electronica 2012
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the design engineering industry's decision makers, will unveil the results of the Mind of the Engineer Study at a breakfast event on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 during electronica 2012. For the first time, all of UBM Electronics' media properties – EE Times, EDN, EBN, Embedded, Test & Measurement World and Design News – collaborated with joint venture partners in Europe, China and Japan to produce the study.
"Historically this study was produced by EDN and only targeted North American engineers. This year we restructured and expanded this research to include all of our media brands and the global electronics industry to fully understand how engineers work, what excites them, what motivates them and how those considerations vary by psychographic and demographic. Our goal in creating this research is to truly understand the mind of the engineer, and ultimately help them excel at designing their products," said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics.
The Mind of the Engineer Study was designed to create an understanding of how design engineers work, their motivations and how vendors influence their thinking. In conjunction with Beacon Technology Partners, LLC, 2,114 engineers from North America, Europe and Asia were queried through a web survey from October 10-18, 2012. Responses received provided statically significant representation from the key regions of US, China, Japan and Europe.Key data collected in the study:
- Challenges/obstacles engineers face in the course of their jobs/careers
- Stages of the design process and what activities take place at each phase
- The process engineers use to seek information required to get their jobs done
- Demographic and psychographic information of design engineers
- Education requirements/needs
- Sourcing and usage of information sources
- Importance of brands
- Effect of design teams, distributors, contract manufacturing and designers
- Expectations of vendors
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts