SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the design engineering industry's decision makers, will unveil the results of the Mind of the Engineer Study at a breakfast event on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 during electronica 2012. For the first time, all of UBM Electronics' media properties – EE Times, EDN, EBN, Embedded, Test & Measurement World and Design News – collaborated with joint venture partners in Europe, China and Japan to produce the study.
"Historically this study was produced by EDN and only targeted North American engineers. This year we restructured and expanded this research to include all of our media brands and the global electronics industry to fully understand how engineers work, what excites them, what motivates them and how those considerations vary by psychographic and demographic. Our goal in creating this research is to truly understand the mind of the engineer, and ultimately help them excel at designing their products," said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics.
The Mind of the Engineer Study was designed to create an understanding of how design engineers work, their motivations and how vendors influence their thinking. In conjunction with Beacon Technology Partners, LLC, 2,114 engineers from North America, Europe and Asia were queried through a web survey from October 10-18, 2012. Responses received provided statically significant representation from the key regions of US, China, Japan and Europe.Key data collected in the study:
- Challenges/obstacles engineers face in the course of their jobs/careers
- Stages of the design process and what activities take place at each phase
- The process engineers use to seek information required to get their jobs done
- Demographic and psychographic information of design engineers
- Education requirements/needs
- Sourcing and usage of information sources
- Importance of brands
- Effect of design teams, distributors, contract manufacturing and designers
- Expectations of vendors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV