Samsung's Galaxy S III surpassed the top selling Apple phone in August, selling 18 million units to a reported 16.2 million units for the iPhone 4S, according to Strategy Analytics. Apple launched the iPhone 5 in late September and reportedly sold 6 million units prior to the end of the third quarter.
Apple said it sold 26.9 million iPhones overall during the quarter, a 58% year-over-year hike.
Concur Technologies (CNQR) fell sharply, losing 4.96% to $61.74, after the company reported mixed quarterly results. The hosting software company earned 40 cents per share on $118 million in sales during its fiscal fourth quarter. Wall Street analysts were looking for 25 cents per share on revenue of $119 million. Concur gave mixed first-quarter guidance. It sees earnings per share of 30 cents on revenue of about $121.7 million. Wall Street analysts are looking for 25 cents per share on $125.6 million. Shares have rebounded from earlier in the session though when they traded as low as $57.70. Interested in more on Concur Technologies? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV