The Human Resources Management Association of Chicago today named Jim Bell, President & CEO of Veolia ES Technical Solutions, and Moira Madell of Madell Consulting, its 2012 Leader of the Year and Volunteer of the Year award recipients, respectively. The award presentations were held during HRMAC’s premier event, SUMMIT 2012.
The annual Leader of the Year award program honors one Chicago-based business leader who has demonstrated the ability to execute leading-edge human capital practices while realizing business strategy success. Mr. Bell was selected by the HRMAC Board of Directors for his proven ability to lead by example, prioritize employees ahead of shareholders and implement successful human capital initiatives within the Veolia organization.
“Since becoming president and CEO of Veolia ES Technical Solutions, Jim has embraced human resources programs and tools as business drivers rather than business requirements,” noted Katie Lawler, Senior Vice President, Human Resources, GATX and Chair, HRMAC Board of Directors. “He has continuously demonstrated his commitment as an HR champion, including serving as the executive sponsor of the ‘People’ goal for the organization’s strategic plan and fostering a company culture that puts training, development and the safety of people at the core of its business practices. The company’s record-breaking financial performance for two consecutive years is a testament to the success of these efforts and Jim’s first-class leadership abilities.”
Some key people achievements for Veolia ES Technical Solutions under Mr. Bell’s leadership include:Implementing new training and development initiatives to develop leaders at both the executive level and deep into the organization’s next generation of leaders. The ‘President’s Call for Excellence’ quarterly award program, which recognizes employees who have demonstrated exceptional effort to aid a peer or a customer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV