This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration. Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
This report explores the latest developments in broadband and ultra-fast broadband markets in
Africa. After a detailed examination of the dynamics of these areas, in both fixed and mobile markets, the report delivers strategic and figure-backed responses to the question of the current and future role of satellite in the race to deploy broadband and ultra-fast broadband. The report comes with its own database including the set of indicators analyzed for all the areas studied.
• What are the latest trends in the fast and ultra-fast broadband fixed and mobile markets in
• Which countries have already launched LTE in
• Is LTE a serious threat to satellite in the race to reduce the digital divide?
• What is the current status of satellite ultra-broadband in
• What are the main barriers for a satellite operator entering the African market?
• Which countries are the most promising for an offer of satellite broadband in
• What is the expected market potential in European and African markets for a satellite fast/ultra-fast broadband access solution on the 2016 horizon?
Table of contents
1. Executive Summary . 8
Europe's satellite ultra-broadband market continues to pick up speed .. 9
Africa, a new growth opportunity? 11
1.3. Promising market outlooks .. 11
2. Methodology .. 12
3. Ultra-fast broadband rollout: current status in
3.1. FTTx markets in 2011 14