In Case You Missed It: Bipartisan Policy Center Calls On The Nation's Leaders To 'Get To Work'
WASHINGTON, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In an open letter to the nation's leaders, which ran as ads in The Washington Post and The Hill today, the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) called on elected officials to shift from campaigning to governing.
The letter, titled, "Let's Get To Work," was signed by 46 members of BPC's leadership, including founders and former Senate Majority Leaders Howard Baker, Tom Daschle, Bob Dole and George Mitchell. Signatories included 17 former members of Congress, Cabinet officials, presidential appointees, six former governors and private sector leadership, all endorsing the call for bipartisanship.
In the letter, the leaders urge our elected officials to get to work find bipartisan policy solutions to "some really big problems."
"The tone and substantive achievements of the upcoming weeks will set the course for 2013 and could dramatically impact market confidence and the economic recovery," the letter states. "BPC and others are developing a wealth of pragmatic solutions to address our federal debt, economic competitiveness, energy, health care, immigration and housing. The answers are out there. Now it is time to get to work."Through its programs on debt reduction, energy, health care, national security and governance, BPC has demonstrated that Democrats and Republicans can work together to address serious issues of national concern and to reach consensus for the greater good. Click here to view the letter and the list of signatories. SOURCE Bipartisan Policy Center
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV