Rutgers Business School To Host Its First Biopharmaceutical Case Competition
Julie Oka, a Rutgers MBA student who serves with Parker as co-president of the school's pharmaceutical club, said the corporate sponsors backing the event at Rutgers helped to attract teams from some of the country's leading business schools. "These competitions are recruiting tools for the companies. People get jobs out of these competitions,'' she said.
Mahmud Hassan, a professor in the pharmaceutical management program, said the competitions serve multiple purposes, including marketing Rutgers to prospective students who want to concentrate their MBA studies in pharmaceutical management.
"It's a good thing for the companies to see talent in one place,'' Hassan said, "but for us, it's also a way of letting the top-ranked business schools know we're a player in this industry, that our students are also top-ranked.''
Teams from the following schools will participate: Boston University, School of Management, Columbia Business School, Duke University's Fuqua School of Management, George Washington University's School of Business and Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business.There will also be teams from New York University's Stern School of Business, Pennsylvania State University's Smeal College of Business, University of Connecticut's School of Business, University of Rochester's Simon Graduate School of Business and Wake Forest University's School of Business. The event is being sponsored by some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies: Bayer, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eisai, Johnson & Johnson, Merck, Novartis and Campbell-Alliance, a leading consultant to the biopharmaceutical and medical technology industries. Parker said getting seven companies to sign on as sponsors was a huge factor in attracting so many teams and teams from some of the country's top-ranked business schools.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV