Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VDSI once it breaks out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $7.49 to $7.60 a share, and then once it clears its gap down day high of $7.90 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits close to or above its three-month average action of 167,948 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VDSI will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $8.64 to $9 a share, or possibly even $9.95 to $10.41 a share.
One could look to buy VDSI off weakness to anticipate that breakout and simply use a stop that sits just below some previous support levels at $7 to $6.95 a share. One could also buy off strength once VDSI clears those breakout levels with volume and then simply use a stop that sits just below $7.25 a share.
To see more hot under-$10 equities, check out the Stocks Under $10 Setting Up to Explode portfolio on Stockpickr.
-- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV