ALLENTOWN, Pa., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Corporation announced Thursday (11/8) that it has again been designated one of the 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employers® by G.I. Jobs magazine.
This is the second consecutive year PPL has earned this recognition. The company ranked No. 73 this year, up more than 20 spots from last year.
The list was drawn from a sample of 5,000 eligible companies. Criteria included the strength of company military recruiting efforts, the percentage of new hires with prior military service, retention programs, and company policies toward National Guard and Reserve service.
The magazine is a monthly publication for military "transitioners," providing education, transition assistance and leads for job opportunities."PPL is honored to receive this award for the second consecutive year," said Andy Kantner, Human Resources recruitment manager. "PPL greatly values veterans because of their knowledge, commitment and attention to safety." About 15 percent of PPL's employees are military veterans, according to Kantner. He categorized these top five current jobs or fields of employment for vets at PPL:
- Managers and supervisors in nuclear generation and energy delivery.
- Fossil, hydro and nuclear plant operators.
- Training instructors.
- Energy delivery system operators.
- Maintenance technicians working in mechanical, electrical, instruments and controls.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts