Physician practices in 14 states that participate in WellPoint’s affiliated health plans’ patient-centered primary care programs will be eligible to have licensed access, at no cost, to Medical Home Builder 2.0, an online practice-management tool developed by the American College of Physicians (ACP).
This online tool is just one of the many features physician practices may benefit from by participating in the patient-centered primary care programs which reward physicians – financially and through added resources and data sharing – for coordinating all aspects of their patients’ care, making that care more accessible and affordable while strengthening the doctor-patient relationship.
“By offering the Medical Home Builder as a valuable resource to physician practices that take part in the patient-centered primary care programs, we can promote additional improvements in the quality, outcomes and cost-effectiveness of patient care,” said Doug Wenners, senior vice president of Provider Engagement and Contracting for WellPoint. “We are pleased to work with ACP on this effort as it underscores our commitment to equip clinicians with the tools and resources to do what they do best: manage all aspects of their patients’ care.”
The agreement between ACP and WellPoint will offer access to ACP’s Medical Home Builder 2.0 for up to 20,000 clinicians.“Medical Home Builder 2.0 helps primary care practices improve clinical quality, streamline fundamental business operations, and identify and implement key features of the patient-centered medical home,” said Michael S. Barr, MD, FACP, MBA, who leads ACP’s Medical Practice, Professionalism & Quality division. Physician practices that use ACP’s Medical Home Builder 2.0 become part of an online community of practices committed to improving patient care and identifying office efficiencies. The web-based tool offers 23 self-paced modules that address the key attributes and expectations of a patient-centered medical home, improving clinical care, and practice management. Each learning module includes:
- Background information: an explanation of key principles, research, and important concepts for members of the team.
- Practice Biopsy: a self-assessment that covers the expectations of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), URAC, and the Joint Commission. The Practice Biopsy helps practices identify opportunities for improvement or validate efforts already undertaken.
- Case Study: “How It Works in Practice” describes the efforts of a practice as it works through the findings generated through each module.
- Module-specific Resource Library: each module's Resource Library includes relevant references, guides, and sample policies in a variety of formats. The resources from each module are aggregated in a master Resource Library that now includes over 800 sources of information -- a virtual bookshelf to access at any time.
- Reporting functions to help track progress over-time, identify opportunities for improvement and compare practices.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts