NASHVILLE, Tenn., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Barrett Johnston, LLC is investigating the Board of Directors of KBW Inc. ("KBW" or the "Company") (NYSE: KBW) for possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of state law in connection with the sale of the Company to Stifel Financial ("Stifel"). Under the terms of the agreement, which was unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies, KBW shareholders will only receive $17.50 per share, comprised of $10.00 per share in cash and $7.50 per share in Stifel common stock.
Our investigation concerns whether the transaction may undervalue the Company and result in a substantial loss for many KBW shareholders. For example KBW stock traded at $19.17 as recently as March 26, 2012. Multiple analysts have set price targets higher than the $17.50 offer price with at least one analyst from Sidoti & Company setting a price target for KBW stock at $22.00 per share. Additionally, as recently as September of this year one publication listed KBW as one of three financial stocks with low dept and projected for growth.
If you own shares of KBW, if you have information or would like to learn more about these claims, or if you wish to discuss these matters or have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights or interests with respect to these matters, please contact Timothy L. Miles, Esquire, of Barrett Johnston, LLC, 217 Second Avenue, North, Nashville, TN 37201 by telephone at (615) 244-2202, Toll Free at (866) 263-0668, or by email to email@example.com, or visit our website at http://www.barrettjohnston.com.
THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV