NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Be it ever so dumb, there is no place like Wall Street.
What's up Dumbest fans? Sorry if you missed our column last week, but like a lot of other unfortunate folks here on the East Coast, Hurricane Sandy had other, far more pressing plans for us. While we thankfully made it through the savage storm without significant loss of life, limb or property, Sandy did make it virtually impossible for us to publish our weekly countdown of Wall Street's biggest blunders.
Yes folks, it is nearly impossible to speak truth to power when --electricity-wise -- you are completely powerless.
Furthermore, even if we were able to scrape together a few tidbits of tawdry Wall Street behavior during the abbreviated trading week, it just would not have been worth compiling and publishing a list anyway. There were so many instances of positive, heart-warming behavior here in lower Manhattan and elsewhere during Sandy's onslaught, that even cold-hearted curmudgeons like us couldn't be so callous as to highlight the handful of negatives that took place.So with all those good tidings still in mind, and with so many of our friends in the financial sector still struggling to return to normalcy, we proudly offer you a twist on our traditional weekly musings. For this week, and this week alone, we present The Five Smartest Things on Wall Street This Week. Don't worry loyal readers -- or all you sinister CEOs - we haven't gone soft. We'll get back to our bare-knuckle ways next week. But for now, let's celebrate the benevolence and bravery of our friends on Wall Street instead of their bone-headedness. Take that Sandy!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV