DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Patent-pending EV+ allows vehicles to learn frequent destinations and as a result, changes the way power is used in vehicles such as C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and Fusion Hybrid
- Leveraging GPS data from Ford SYNC ®, Ford engineers developed a proprietary, predictive software algorithm that automatically adjusts powertrain controls based on location to deliver more electric-only driving
- New Ford innovations have led to a 50-fold increase in hybrid patents to nearly 500, which have helped the automaker's lineup of electrified vehicles set benchmarks in areas such as fuel economy, performance and range
Ford is taking the smarts and performance of its electrified vehicle lineup to a whole new level with EV+, a patent-pending feature that actually helps vehicles learn frequent destinations, and delivers to hybrid drivers what they love – more driving time in electric-only mode.
EV+ is part of SmartGauge ® and is a standard feature on the Ford plug-in hybrids, C-MAX Energi and Fusion Energi, along with the hybrid versions of Fusion and C-MAX.
"We know from our research that hybrid drivers want to drive as often as they can in electric-only mode, especially near their home or frequently visited locations," said Kevin Layden, Ford director of Electrification Programs and Engineering. "EV+ not only delivers that capability, but also demonstrates how Ford puts customer needs and wants above everything else."EV+ combines the built-in GPS of Ford SYNC ® with proprietary software algorithms developed by Ford engineers to learn frequent destinations. Once frequent destinations have been learned – such as your home parking location – EV+ adjusts how the electric power stored in the vehicle's high-voltage battery is used to power the vehicle. If EV+ determines the vehicle is nearing a frequent destination, it has the capability to remain in electric-only mode.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts