3 Stocks Pushing The Utilities Sector Lower
2. As of noon trading, CPFL Energy ( CPL) is down $0.27 (-1.2%) to $22.34 on light volume Thus far, 166,323 shares of CPFL Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 532,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $22.26-$22.75 after having opened the day at $22.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.61. CPFL Energia S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the generation, distribution, and sale of electric energy in Brazil. It generates electricity through hydroelectric, thermoelectric, sugarcane biomass, and wind power plants. CPFL Energy has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the utilities industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, equal to the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are no analysts that rate CPFL Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CPFL Energy as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its respectable return on equity which we feel is likely to continue. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Get the full CPFL Energy Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts