2. As of noon trading, Kansas City Southern ( KSU) is down $0.69 (-0.9%) to $78.98 on light volume Thus far, 182,336 shares of Kansas City Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 876,100 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $78.98-$79.99 after having opened the day at $79.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.67. Kansas City Southern, through its subsidiaries, engages in the freight rail transportation business. Kansas City Southern has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Kansas City Southern a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kansas City Southern as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Kansas City Southern Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts