3. As of noon trading, Macy's ( M) is down $0.31 (-0.8%) to $40.14 on light volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.08-$40.67 after having opened the day at $40.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.45. Macy's, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates stores and Internet Websites in the United States. Its retail stores and Internet Web sites sell a range of merchandise, including apparel and accessories for men, women, and children; cosmetics; home furnishings; and other consumer goods. Macy's has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Macy's a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Macy's as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Macy's Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts