4. As of noon trading, J.C. Penney ( JCP) is down $0.80 (-3.5%) to $22.00 on average volume Thus far, 4.8 million shares of J.C. Penney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $21.91-$22.80 after having opened the day at $22.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.80. J. C. Penney Company, Inc., through its subsidiary, J. C. Penney Corporation, Inc., operates department stores in the United States and Puerto Rico. The company sells family apparel and footwear, accessories, fine and fashion jewelry, beauty products, and home furnishings. J.C. Penney has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the retail industry. The company has a P/E ratio of -9.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 35.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate J.C. Penney a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates J.C. Penney as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Get the full J.C. Penney Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts