4. As of noon trading, Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) is down $1.25 (-3.6%) to $33.70 on average volume Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $32.95-$33.75 after having opened the day at $33.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.95. AngloGold Ashanti Limited primarily engages in the exploration and production of gold. It also produces by-products, such as silver, uranium oxide, and sulfuric acid. Anglogold Ashanti has a market cap of $13.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Anglogold Ashanti a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anglogold Ashanti as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and unimpressive growth in net income. Get the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts