3 Stocks Pushing The Food & Beverage Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Mondelez International ( MDLZ) is down $0.25 (-0.9%) to $26.00 on average volume Thus far, 14.7 million shares of Mondelez International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $25.76-$26.59 after having opened the day at $25.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.25. Mondelēz International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets packaged food products worldwide. Mondelez International has a market cap of $47.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 29.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Mondelez International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mondelez International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Get the full Mondelez International Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Food & Beverage ( PBJ) while those bearish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares DB Agriculture Sht ETN ( ADZ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV