3 Stocks Pushing The Food & Beverage Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, Mondelez International ( MDLZ) is down $0.25 (-0.9%) to $26.00 on average volume Thus far, 14.7 million shares of Mondelez International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $25.76-$26.59 after having opened the day at $25.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.25. Mondelēz International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets packaged food products worldwide. Mondelez International has a market cap of $47.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 29.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 19 analysts that rate Mondelez International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mondelez International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Get the full Mondelez International Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Food & Beverage ( PBJ) while those bearish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares DB Agriculture Sht ETN ( ADZ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts