1. As of noon trading, Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances ( ULTA) is down $1.26 (-1.4%) to $91.79 on light volume Thus far, 198,156 shares of Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 741,600 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $91.72-$93.57 after having opened the day at $92.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.05. Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc. operates as a beauty retailer that provides prestige, mass, and salon products; and salon services in the United States. Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 42.0, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 44.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Get the full Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrances Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the diversified services industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the diversified services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts