2. As of noon trading, Paychex ( PAYX) is down $0.24 (-0.7%) to $32.41 on light volume Thus far, 506,115 shares of Paychex exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $32.40-$32.68 after having opened the day at $32.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.65. Paychex, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides payroll, human resource, and benefits outsourcing solutions for small to medium-sized businesses in the United States and Germany. Paychex has a market cap of $12.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 9.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Paychex a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Paychex as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Paychex Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts