2. As of noon trading, Southwest Airlines ( LUV) is up $0.14 (1.6%) to $9.16 on light volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $8.99-$9.20 after having opened the day at $9.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.01. Southwest Airlines Co. engages in the operation of a passenger airline that provides scheduled air transportation in the United States. Southwest Airlines has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Southwest Airlines a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southwest Airlines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts