2. As of noon trading, Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) is up $0.70 (1.4%) to $49.44 on average volume Thus far, 2.0 million shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.23-$49.53 after having opened the day at $48.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.74. Newmont Mining Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, and production of gold and copper properties. The company's assets or operations are located in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, New Zealand, and Mexico. Newmont Mining Corporation has a market cap of $23.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 112.8, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Newmont Mining Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Newmont Mining Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts