3 Stocks Pushing The Food & Beverage Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Dean Foods Company ( DF) is up $0.62 (3.9%) to $16.70 on heavy volume Thus far, 4.0 million shares of Dean Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $16.54-$17.30 after having opened the day at $17.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.08. Dean Foods Company operates as a food and beverage company in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Fresh Dairy Direct, WhiteWave-Alpro, and Morningstar. Dean Foods Company has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of -2.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 46.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Dean Foods Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dean Foods Company as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Get the full Dean Foods Company Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares Dynamic Food & Beverage ( PBJ) while those bearish on the food & beverage industry could consider PowerShares DB Agriculture Sht ETN ( ADZ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts