3. As of noon trading, Xilinx ( XLNX) is up $0.25 (0.8%) to $34.18 on heavy volume Thus far, 2.2 million shares of Xilinx exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.74-$34.45 after having opened the day at $33.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.93. Xilinx, Inc. designs, develops, and markets programmable platforms worldwide. Xilinx has a market cap of $8.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 6.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Xilinx a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Xilinx as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Xilinx Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts