PITTSBURGH, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) recently announced changes in the company's Public Affairs Department. Erin DiPietro was named manager, executive communications; Courtney Boone was named manager, media relations; and Sarah Cassella was named public affairs representative II. DiPietro and Boone will continue to report to Chuck Rice, general manager – Public Affairs, and Cassella will report to Boone. The changes were effective Nov. 1.
DiPietro began her career at U. S. Steel in 2002 in Public Affairs, primarily working in internal communications and creative services and has served as a senior public affairs representative since 2009. She earned a bachelor's degree in history at Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pa., in 1996.
Boone joined U. S. Steel in October 2007 as a public affairs specialist. Prior to joining the company, she spent five years in Washington, D.C., as a press secretary for Sen. Ted Stevens of Alaska and for the Senate Judiciary Committee and Chairman Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania. Boone graduated from Duquesne University with a bachelor's degree in political science and communications in 1998, and a master's degree in corporate communications in 2000.
Cassella joined U. S. Steel as a management associate in June 2008 and has served as public affairs representative I since April 2010. She received a bachelor's degree in public relations and political science from Syracuse University's S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications in 2008, and is pursuing a master's degree in business administration at Point Park University.For more information about U. S. Steel, visit www.ussteel.com. SOURCE United States Steel Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV