Southern California Edison (SCE), its customers and SCE’s parent company, Edison International, are helping Superstorm Sandy victims with three powerful philanthropy initiatives with funds from shareholders, not SCE customers:
- Customers can help raise money without spending a dime. Through SCE’s “Every Click Counts” campaign, the company will donate $1 for every new “like” on SCE’s Facebook page ( www.facebook.com/SCE) and for each new follower on SCE’s main Twitter feed ( www.twitter.com/SCE). The goal is to donate up to $20,000 to American Red Cross relief efforts.
- Edison International has set up a special program that will match donations from employees to the American Red Cross up to $25,000. This is a way to enhance the $1.5 million commitment that Edison International made to the Red Cross in 2012.
- Five SCE employees trained by the Red Cross flew to New York on Friday. For the next week, they will help to provide temporary shelter and meals to displaced families. Members of the team range in age from 35 to 55 and come from the communities of Cerritos, Paramount, Pico Rivera, Rosemead and Santa Clarita. Their professional backgrounds include information technology, environmental safety and communications.
Last week, SCE sent 126 line workers and support crews to New York and New Jersey to help repair Sandy’s devastation that left millions of Consolidated Edison customers without power.
“We are proud of our employees’ and customers’ eagerness to help,” said Janet Clayton, Edison International senior vice president, Corporate Communications, and chair of Edison International's Corporate Philanthropy Committee. “We can’t all do the hard work of climbing poles and stringing wires, but everyone can take a few moments to let the people on the East Coast know that we’re thinking of them, and to help in a meaningful way.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV