Beam Inc. (NYSE: BEAM), a leading global premium spirits company, announced today that Louisville will be the home of its new Global Business Services Center. Expected to open in Q2 2013, the center will be located at 400 S. Fourth Street and will provide a highly visible presence for the world’s No. 1 Bourbon maker, Beam, in the heart of Fourth Street Live! The center will bring 60 new professional jobs to the Commonwealth.
As part of a companywide efficiency and effectiveness initiative, Beam’s Global Business Services Center will combine select financial and human resources transactional activities into one centralized hub. The center will act as the primary point of contact for Beam’s North America business in the areas of benefits, compensation, accounts payable, payroll and other key business processes. Half of the 60 positions have already been hired and are operating out of an interim site in Shepherdsville, Ky. The remaining positions will be filled over the next 12 months.
“Bourbon is a booming business, as evidenced by Beam’s new Global Business Services Center. It’s exciting to see our signature spirit making worldwide impact,” said Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear. “We’re proud to see our bourbon businesses making these investments and staying grounded in the Commonwealth.”
“This is a big win for Louisville, as Beam has chosen our city for its new Global Business Services Center,” said Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer. “We couldn’t be more pleased to have Beam, representing Kentucky’s signature Bourbon industry, right in the heart of our downtown and bringing new corporate jobs to the city.”Plans regarding the renovation of the 24,000 square-foot second floor space will begin immediately, with construction expected to begin early next year. Beam will make an estimated total investment of $1.7 million in building materials and equipment to retrofit the office space.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV