Top Aerospace And Defense Programs And Leaders Honored At Aviation Week 2012 Program Excellence Awards Ceremony
PHOENIX, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Aviation Week announced the winners of the 2012 Program Excellence Awards, identifying five top-performing aerospace and defense (A&D) programs at SAIC, Boeing, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, and Bell Boeing as the leaders in their fields. As the industry's greatest honor for strong program performers with innovative concepts, technologies and process enhancements, the awards were announced at a dinner on Nov. 7 during the Aviation Week A&D Programs Conference in Phoenix.
Winners were selected based on a multi-tiered evaluation by program-leadership experts who judged value, leadership, performance and other criteria. For more on program narratives and entries, visit http://www.aviationweek.com/programexcellence. This year, there were 24 qualifying programs and 26 final nominations. Finalists and winners were selected in seven categories, resulting in seven finalists and seven winners. 2012 Program Excellence Winners:
- Sub-SystemLevel Research & Development/SDD – SAIC Third Generation Infra-Red System/Commercially Hosted Infrared Program (3GIRS/CHIRP), Thomas D. Taverney and Doug Loverro, USAF Space & Missile Systems Center
- Sub-System Level Production – Boeing Reconfigurable Transportable Consolidated Automated Support Systems, Tim Murphy
- Sub-System Level Sustainment, BAE Systems F-16 Automated Test Systems, John Kesser
- System-Level Research & Development/SDD – Lockheed Martin K-MAX Cargo Unmanned Aerial System, Kevin Petrosky and Curt Eschbaugh, Lockheed Martin
- System-Level Production – Lockheed Martin MH-60 R&S Multi-Year 1 Contract, Tim Hale, Steve Barrett, Lou Neira, Lockheed Martin
- System-Level Sustainment – Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey, John G. Rader and Victor Tobin, Bell-Boeing Joint Office and USMC Col Greg Masiello
- Other (Complex Programs and Projects) – Boeing Intelsat 4-Pack, Michael Neuman, Boeing and Jean-Luc Froeliger, Intelsat
"The Program Excellence Awards not only recognize best in class program management, but they also serve to benchmark and promote innovation within program performance across the A&D industry," said Greg Hamilton , president of Aviation Week. "Leaders are identifying lessons learned and best practices in their fields, with a focus on accurate assessment, the ability to rework direction, and execution with speed to drive out cost. We are pleased to present these awards to this year's winners."
In addition to recognizing finalists and winners, the Program Excellence Awards judging identifies best practices and lessons to be shared across the industry through webinars, forums and conferences. A full list of winners, finalists, best practices and photos will be included in the November 26 issue of Aviation Week & Space Technology.The Program Excellence Awards are supported by BAE Systems, Boeing, Honeywell Aerospace, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Rockwell Collins, Defense Acquisition University, NASA and Strategic Leadership.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV