LOS ANGELES, Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The MedTech Industry's Premier Design Competition is now accepting entries. Proudly presented by UBM Canon and MD+DI , the Medical Design Excellence Awards program has provided market visibility to over 500 innovative MedTech products that are changing the face of healthcare today. The MDEA also celebrates the achievements of medical product manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes— engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians—who are responsible for these groundbreaking innovations.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/58607-2013-medical-design-excellence-awards-call-for-entries-medtech-mdea13
Transforming MedTech—One Innovation at a TimeEntries are evaluated by a multidisciplinary panel of jurors with expertise in industrial design, engineering, human factors, manufacturing, medicine, and other design and healthcare-related fields. Selected products must not only pass design and engineering excellence, manufacturing effectiveness and innovation, but also the overall benefit to the medical and healthcare industry. Eligibility Requirements and Categories: The MDEA competition accepts entries in ten medical product categories from companies and individuals worldwide involved in the design, engineering, manufacture, or distribution of finished medical devices or medical packaging products. To be eligible for entry in the 2013 MDEA competition, products must be commercially available— able to be ordered or purchased—by December 31, 2012 . Deadlines and Entry Fees:
- Standard: December 7, 2012 - $600 (Reduced Entry Fee)
- Late: January 11, 2013 - $700
- Extensive publicity in connection with MDEA announcements, which are carried on PR Newswire and delivered to hundreds of wide-reaching media outlets.
- Coverage in UBM Canon MedTech Group 's industry-leading Events, Conferences, and Media products.
- Recognition at the live MDEA ceremony, attended by over 400 MedTech industry leaders, held at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown on June 19, 2013, in conjunction with UBM Canon's MD&M East event.
- Exclusive right to use and display the special MDEA logos on their product packaging, promotional materials, advertisements, and company websites.