Dakota, Washington and Ramsey County Libraries will unveil the 3M Cloud Library eBook Lending Service today, bringing more than one million Minnesota residents access to digital content, in-library hardware, and apps for borrowing and reading eBooks.
“As digital devices are becoming increasingly indispensable for patrons, we knew it was important to adopt an eBook system that would make it simple for them to find the content they want,” said Susan Nemitz, Director, Ramsey County Library. “3M’s system works with multiple devices and makes it easy for users at all levels of technology experience to get started.”
Patrons of the 25 library locations in Dakota, Washington and Ramsey counties will now be able to browse the 3M Cloud Library’s electronic catalog, check out eBooks, and read on the device of their choice. The system includes several components for browsing and reading:
- Mobile device compatibility: The 3M Cloud Library app is available for download from the iTunes Store, Google Play and the NOOK Apps Storefront, and the services eBooks are compatible with include PCs, iPads, iPhones, iPod Touch, NOOK Tablets, Android devices, smartphones and Kobo, Sony and NOOK eReaders. Using these devices, patrons can browse, check out and read eBooks all without leaving the 3M Cloud Library app. To begin reading, patrons simply download the app, enter their library card number and select the titles of their choice from their library’s catalog.
- 3M Discovery Terminals: Patrons at the library can browse the catalog on these electronic kiosks with an intuitive touch-based interface.
“We’re excited about the new collection we are adding through the 3M Cloud Library app,” said Ken Behringer, Director, Dakota County Library. “With this system’s intuitive interface eBooks are more easily accessible for our residents who use and appreciate this service.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV