RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced the five recipients of its annual GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards. In total, the North Carolina and Philadelphia-area healthcare nonprofit organizations will receive $200,000 in grant funding ( $40,000 each) for providing access to healthcare for the underserved in their communities.
"The GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Award winners are helping to make their communities stronger and healthier," said Mary Linda Andrews, Director of Community Partnerships, GSK. "The dedicated teams of professionals and volunteers at these organizations are working in innovative ways to provide access to healthcare at a time when people need it most."
The following organizations will receive their awards at a ceremony on December 11 in Research Triangle Park:
- Piedmont Health Services and Sickle Cell Agency, Greensboro, N.C.
- Restoration Place Ministries, Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
- The Servant Center, Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
- Triad Health Project, Greensboro, N.C.
- Institute for Safe Families, Philadelphia, Pa.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV