RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) today announced the five recipients of its annual GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Awards. In total, the North Carolina and Philadelphia-area healthcare nonprofit organizations will receive $200,000 in grant funding ( $40,000 each) for providing access to healthcare for the underserved in their communities.
"The GlaxoSmithKline IMPACT Award winners are helping to make their communities stronger and healthier," said Mary Linda Andrews, Director of Community Partnerships, GSK. "The dedicated teams of professionals and volunteers at these organizations are working in innovative ways to provide access to healthcare at a time when people need it most."
The following organizations will receive their awards at a ceremony on December 11 in Research Triangle Park:
- Piedmont Health Services and Sickle Cell Agency, Greensboro, N.C.
- Restoration Place Ministries, Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
- The Servant Center, Inc., Greensboro, N.C.
- Triad Health Project, Greensboro, N.C.
- Institute for Safe Families, Philadelphia, Pa.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts