Enterprise Development Programme To Support 3,500 Women Entrepreneurs
LONDON, November 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
"The Enterprise Development Programme is at the heart of our vision for a world where women have equal opportunities and the capability, confidence and capital necessary to establish and grow businesses, resulting in a brighter future for the women themselves, their families and their communities as a whole." - Cherie Blair
"I was a total novice who just came up with an idea. It was the programme that encouraged me to pursue it and guided me through the entire process. It has been the driving force behind my start-up." - Aswin Yogesh, Chennai, India
- Over 700 women have already benefited from tailored business training, business registration and access to capital and markets
- Programme to reach over 3,500 women entrepreneurs over the next three years
- Current projects based in Africa, Asia and the Middle East
The potential of women entrepreneurs remains largely untapped in developing and emerging markets, with many still lacking the skills, capital and access to markets they need to be successful micro, small and growing business owners. Women are three times more likely to operate in the informal economy due to legal and cultural constraints, which restricts the prospects for their businesses to grow. This wasted potential isn't only a missed opportunity for the women who are not able to achieve their dreams. It's a loss to their children, communities and economies as well.The Enterprise Development Programme addresses these challenges by delivering tailored business training, facilitating business registration and enhancing access to capital and markets. Working in partnership with non-profit, private and public sector organisations, we develop sustainable solutions to the challenges women entrepreneurs face. We focus on women who have achieved some business success, but need support to move to the next level. Our tailored support equips women entrepreneurs with the tools to transition into small and growing businesses. As a result profits increase, jobs are created and confidence levels rise. Our goal over the next three years is to extend our reach, transforming the lives of over 3,500 women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging markets. As these women become role models and re-invest back into their families and communities, thousands more will stand to gain.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV