Siemens Industry successfully implemented its Growth in Verticals and Services Strategy and is seeing results such as winning a cross-divisional modernization contract for a Quadra FNX Mining copper mine in Ruth, Nevada and winning significant automation contracts with Shell and Dow Corning. Additionally, NASA scientists used software from Siemens to help create the new Mars Rover Curiosity, which landed successfully on Mars on August 6, 2012. Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory used Siemens PLM software during the vehicle's entire development process in order to digitally design and simulate the rover and virtually assemble it without having to build a prototype. Development software from Siemens helped to ensure that all of the components fit together, work properly, and withstand the mission's harsh conditions.
The Infrastructure & Cities Sector of Siemens announced a major contract with the state of Hawaii to electrify Hawaii’s first rail transit system. The project will reduce congestion while increasing environmental efficiency and creating jobs. Siemens also received an order for a total of 18 light rail vehicles for TriMet in Portland, Oregon. Siemens is also involved in the renovation of the 120-year-old Carnegie Hall. The company is working closely with the national historic landmark to introduce energy efficiency, fire safety and security solutions that will revitalize the non-performance space while preserving the facility’s architectural integrity. Siemens’ efforts will help Carnegie Hall achieve LEED Silver certification.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV