DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) recently named the all-new 2013 Ford Fusion a Top Safety Pick for 2012
- The all-new Fusion features the Personal Safety System, new safety belt technologies and a total of eight airbags which can provide protection for vehicle occupants in the event of a crash
- Redesigned seat-mounted side airbags incorporate new venting technology to further enhance side impact protection
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) today named the all-new 2013 Fusion a Top Safety Pick.
To earn a Top Safety Pick, a vehicle must receive a rating of "Good" in the following evaluations: offset frontal impact, side impact, dynamic head restraint and roof strength testing. In addition to the Top Safety Pick, the new Ford Fusion offers leading fuel economy and smart technologies, such as auto start/stop.
"The new Fusion is another example of Ford's commitment to the highest standards of safety and we are proud that IIHS has recognized these efforts," said Steve Kenner, global director of the Automotive Safety Office.Protection in case of crash The all-new Fusion features the Personal Safety System with new safety belt technologies and frontal impact airbags. The Personal Safety System is a network of components that work together to tailor the deployment of the front airbags during frontal collisions. The restraint control module (RCM) translates information collected by the front crash sensors, front outboard safety belt buckle switches, driver-seat track position and passenger seat weight sensor. Using this information, the RCM activates the safety belt pretensioners and determines how the dual-stage front airbags will deploy. This tailored deployment is designed to better protect an occupant by adapting its release to the size of the person.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts