Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) introduced Autodesk 123D Design, a free* 3D modeling tool that allows users to create a digital model and then 3D print or fabricate their idea whether on the iPad, Mac, PC or via their web browser. Autodesk 123D Design uses natural interactions for creation and editing, allowing makers to easily design things without learning complex CAD concepts.
“For the first time ever, users can create sophisticated, precise 3D models of real objects on their iPad, Mac, PC or via their web browser. People said this couldn’t be done on iPad, and we’re happy to prove them wrong,” said Samir Hanna, vice president of Consumer Products, Autodesk. “We believe that everyone is creative, and we intend to put easy to use design software in the hands of millions of people so they can create real objects, have fun doing it and then fabricate the things they want and need, just the way they want them.”
Eliminate the Dreaded Blank Canvas and Start Designing Fast
Autodesk 123D Design helps users get their projects started by providing base shapes and example models that help move past a blank screen and into the design quickly. Using natural interactions to add objects to the canvas and assemble parts together, users can enjoy the design process and create amazing 3D-printable designs.123D Design also includes pre-set kits, such as “Robots” or “Houses” that are a fun way to experiment with design ideas or become more familiar with design concepts. More kits are available online from the 123D web site. Freedom to Choose How and Where to Design and Make 123D Design is available on web, mobile and desktop, so users have the freedom to choose how and where they will make something. 123D Design also lets users go from design to 3D print with just a few taps or clicks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV